Friday, November 23, 2007

Thanksgiving

I think I ate more food today than I've seen in the past three months. But, Thanksgiving isn't just about eating most of a turkey and falling asleep at the table. It's also about giving thanks. So, a quick list of things I'm thankful for.

1) That, after 23 years on this earth, I still possess a largely healthy and largely functional body.

2) That a year in Austin didn't totally eradicate my ability to think.

3) That I spend most of my time doing something that I a) care about, b) am good at and c) feel like I have a future in.

4) That I continue to be surrounded by a group of people who generally treat me at least as well as I treat them, and sometimes much much better.

5) That my luck, or whatever it is that determines how random situations play themselves out, tends, on the whole, to be good.

Those were the first five things that came to me, so they must be the five things that I'm most thankful for right at this moment. It's good to take a moment to sort out things like this. I should do it more often.

No comments: