Monday, August 20, 2007

I feel like Willy Loman...

...in that I have a job.

And that that job has some bearing on American theatre.

You know, after a year spent in Austin, delivering newspapers and generally feeling out of place, there simply are not words enough to describe how wonderfully strange it is to be back in a place where I'm not only expected to work hard, but where I actually want to work hard. My body wants to reject the hard work. I feel a little bit like a marathon runner coming back from a debilitating injury. I want to complete the run, but my body isn't sure it's capable. But, like the long distance runner in this decidedly long form metaphor, I will push myself until I am comfortable doing the hard work that is necessary.

I'm happy and tired and happy that I'm tired. And, for the first time in a long while, I'm excited to get up tomorrow and go to work. Beat that with a stick...

No comments: